Meal Planner Database Using AirTable
What is this? 🤔
An all-in-one meal planner, recipe board, and shopping list manager powered by AirTable. All three components work together using the same backend data to simplify meal planning needs.
- Meal Planner: Manage weekly meal plans.
- Recipe Board: Manage and curate your favorite recipes.
- Shopping List: Automatically generate shopping list based on recipes in the meal planner.
How to get it? 🖐️
Use this link to copy the template to your AirTable account. AirTable Meal Planner Template by Rohith Palakirti
If the above link doesn’t work, try this:
Use this link to copy the template to your AirTable account.
When you open this share link, you’ll see something like this:
Select Copy base in the right-top corner to copy the base into your account.
How does this work? ⚙
There are four back-end tables that power the meal planner. These are:
- Grocery Items: List of grocery items.
- Recipes: List of recipes.
- Ingredients: Links recipes to grocery items with quantities needed.
- Meal Plan: Links days and meal times to recipes.
How to use? 👩🍳
The linked database views below show four common meal planner needs:
- Meal planning view to organize the days.
- Recipe Kanban view for collection and inspiration.
- Inventory view to assess shopping needs.
- Shopping list view to identify needs at grocery store.
Meal Planner Board View
Linked database of “Meals Table” arranged by day and meal time.
Recipe Kanban View
Linked database of “Recipes Table” in Board format arranged by meal type.
Inventory List View
Linked database list “Grocery Table” with “Total Needed” > 0, ordered by home storage location.
Shopping List View
Linked database list “Grocery Table” with “Total Needed” > 0, not in stock, ordered by grocery aisle.
Ingredient List View
Linked database list “Ingredients Table” with name, quantity, recipe, size, and Total Needed > 0.
The Meal Planner Backend Explained
- Grocery: Grocery title and icon.
- Aisle: The shopping aisle items if usually found in.
- Storage: The location it is stored at home.
- Stocked?: Flag whether item is available at home.
- Ingredients: Connects grocery to recipes via an ingredients list.
- Total Needed: Total qty. needed based on meals this grocery appears in.
- Shopping Qty: Human readable quantity. Doesn’t rollup across recipes so you’ll see multiple quantities like in butter.
- Name: Recipe name, icon and cover.
- Recipe Type: Category field to group recipes.
- Ingredients: Connects recipes to groceries via an ingredients list.
- Planned meals: List of meals this recipe will be used in.
- Ingredient: Ingredient identifier. Currently using a reference to the grocery page.
- Quantity: Quantity needed of grocery for recipe.
- Size: Text label identifying quantity measure/size.
- Total Needed: Times planned times quantity needed for recipe.
- Shopping Quantity: Human readable quantity needed for week based on recipe days planned.
- Grocery: The grocery used for this ingredient.
- Recipe: The recipe this ingredient belongs to.
- Times Planned: Number of times this recipe is included in Planned Meals.
- Name: Meal day and time label.
- Day: Day of week for board view.
- Recipes: The recipes included in this mealtime.
Customize this backend as you like.